18 April, 2017

The Rebuild of New Ignition Module

My first prototype was using the GM HEI module. The black box contains the HEI module, somewhat a simple plastic case.

 

Now I started tinkering the Toyota Igniter from a 4 cylinder engine, namely the 1.6 blacktop corolla. I've checked the module if it was up to good health with the multi-meter, and yes it was in top condition. I also bought a very cheap used ignition coil good old canister style that was said to produce 40,000V from the breaker yard shop. It fired up eventually but bobbing all the way with nonsense idling. I found out that the igniter wasn't suitable to be use for 6 cylinder purposes. The trigger signal was weak, very weak to be use for 6 cylinders and ONLY suitable for 4 cylinders. Sigh....



So, I had to search for other options.
I've also managed to find in the boxes of the car parts room in the house, my old cam angle sensor distributor with the code KF01. This distributor is just a simple distributor with no built-in ignition coil.


I've also did the terminal socket conversion from the original KFZE's 6 pins KF34 disty to KLDE's 4 pins KF01 disty and installed it to the engine.






The ignition coil setup was like something out of this world hahaha






Still not satisfied with the result, I visited the breaker yard shop again and purchased the RX7 FC3S coil with igniter, and did some thorough studying of the thing.











I also did a high voltage relay driven ignition coil system, just in case I would like some extra strong spark from the proven RX7 coil.





What a mess I did to get those ignition setup hahahaha






I did a few ignition module diagram just to make sure I won't forget the setup in the future. It might become handy if they really work. Maybe it could be THE setup that I need to fire the SL again.

By the way, I'm also working on the coil-on-plug setup for my SL, only if I've received my long awaited budget.

Tomorrow will be a new day for me to attempt the cranking of my SoloMolo Lantis.
I'll update the progress later on.






No comments: